Istanbul photo diary

4:58 PM


I know I haven't been quite active lately and I have no one but myself to thank for that. It's not just that I didn't have enough time to update my blog, but my mind has been all over the place lately and I just needed a short break, but guess what... I'M BACK! Don't get me wrong, I love blogging and I'm doing this out of my own pleasure, but I wasn't just lazy or doing my usual job procrastinating; I was traveling and I was dealing with some personal issues and my blog just happened to get in between those two. But hey, the important thing is that I'm back on track! Now, I'm bringing you my not so small photo diary from Istanbul and let me tell you one thing - I'm absolutely in love with that city! I love the fact that it in a way reminds me of my hometown Sarajevo, but it's thirty-seven times its size (I'm not exaggerating). I stayed there for six days and all those days were filled with planned activities, apart from one, which is when me and my two friends decided to take a day off and go out to explore the city on our own - the best decision we made. It was when we first visited the Grand Bazaar and experienced the magic of haggling. It was truly a memorable experience and by the second time we went there, we were basically professional hagglers (ha-ha, I know that's not an actual thing... Or is it?). Istanbul is a city I'll most definitely be going back to many times, as it left me in complete awe.

When we first arrived in Istanbul, we just went on a quick tour around the city and all I managed to snap a photo of was a mosque (whose name I honestly cannot remember), but I figured it looked mesmerizing.

This is the view from a cafe called Mimar Sinan where we used to sit, drink coffee and smoke shisha almost every night.

















You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Such beautiful photos!

    Would you like to follow eachother on G+ and bloglovin? :)
    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos, you're very lucky being there :)

    http://simplethingsbiginspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so good. I like it!

    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    xoxo;
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Instanbul looks absolutely amazing. This place is so on my bucket list, so thanks for sharing!
    Btw I am loving that henna tattoo on your hand.

    Enjoy a great day,

    Tamara Chloé

    www.tamarachloestyleclues.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photos! Instanbul seams so beautiful! I love how they lay out their teas in baskets!

    xo, N
    www.natashasolae.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, prelepe fotografije. Istambul je prelep grad.

    March and May

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grad u koji se svaki put rado vraćam! Prelijepe slike draga :)
    http://lafdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are so beautiful! I would absolutely love to visit Istanbul one day. Loving your summer outfit as well -- the headpiece is adorable!

    Best,
    Christina

    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks so stunning :) the pics are awesome :)
    http://lovelyattitude.com
    http://www.youtube.com/c/MissLovelyAttitude

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous part of the world- thank you for sharing your snaps!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Istanbul looks amazing! I'll definitely have to visit one day :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks incredible!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great travel post! Love the night view by Mimar Sinan, and the ceramic work is so amazing! Definitely have to pick one up when I visit one of these days :) xo~ Lena
    www.felinecreatures.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow great photos, I would love to go there
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to visit Istanbul, looks like an awesome city. Great pics and nice blog!

    Sarah
    sarahjustinestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments and nothing pleases me as much as reading them. I will do my best to get back to all of you. Thank you for the feedback!